IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution
Turn Your Required MINIMUM Distribution Into MAXIMUM Impact For Patients and Families.
The IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) allows individuals age 70 ½ or older to make an outright gift of as much as $100,000 annually to By the Bay Health from a traditional IRA. The withdrawal amount may count toward your required minimum distribution (RMD). Although the RMD is not required until age 72, the IRA QCD can be particularly beneficial for donors who do not itemize and instead file the standard deduction.
Benefits of an IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution
- Your IRA QCD will support the delivery of hospice, palliative, home health, and bereavement care through our Community Care Fund, so you can see the impact of your gift for patients and families.
- You pay no income taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to By the Bay Health.
- As your IRA QCD is excluded from taxable income, it may provide greater income tax savings than making a cash gift and claiming a deduction.
- Beginning in the year you turn 72, you can use your IRA QCD to satisfy all or part of your required minimum distribution.
- By reducing annual income, your IRA QCD may help lower your Medicare premiums and decrease the amount of Social Security subject to tax.
How an IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution Works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a Qualified Charitable Distribution from your IRA to By the Bay Health.
- Your IRA QCD will be directly transferred to By the Bay Health to support our care programs through our Community Care Fund.
- Please note that IRA Qualified Charitable Distributions do not qualify for a charitable tax deduction.
If you have any questions about making an IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution to By the Bay Health, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.